Sunday 11 August 2013

THE LOOK: MIGUEL - HOW MANY DRINK!

Featuring behind-the-scenes footage from the R & B singer's recent MR PORTER photo shoot, and an acoustic performance of "How Many Drinks"

"I think people get to understand me best in a live setting," the singer says, during a break on a photoshoot for MR PORTER. "That's where all music, not just my own, comes alive. And the danger is that that is dying. So many artists use Auto-Tune now, even live; it should be used sparingly, if at all. Your voice becomes interchangeable with the next person's, everyone sounds the same because they're running from the same plug-in - there's no personality in the music. I think people want something now that feels real. And real is imperfection, not perfection. All the great artists of the past understood that." 

''Real is imperfection, not perfection. All the great artists of the past understood that.''

"I put myself on the line creatively every day because I need to as a human being. That's what makes me happy, what makes me feel fulfilled, what keeps me sane." 



CLICK CLICK CLICK FOR MORE PICTURES!!!




No comments: